The Paso del Norte Health Foundation, in partnership with the United Way of El Paso County, is ensuring the success of nonprofit organizations that serve the region’s communities. Through workshops, training and summits, the REALIZE Board Training is assuring all nonprofit boards of directors are prepared to undertake their critical responsibilities.
Through the help of thoughtful consultants and best-practices, the REALIZE Board Training Program was designed to help good board members become even better for the benefit of non-profits and region’s health. Seven lessons ranging from Board Basics and Understanding Financial Statements are provided by Board Source certified trainers and delivered through a series of brief lunch-and-learn style sessions. The lessons are also available for board retreats or integration into a board meeting.
Individuals who participate in the training program will learn to:
- Acquire skills, behaviors, and competencies necessary to positively impact the population
- Manage board meetings (agendas, board minutes and more)
- Facilitate board dialogue
- Build a strong and healthy relationship with CEOs
- Understand legal and ethical roles for boards