July 16, 2019
2018 led our community of philanthropy on new and expanding paths, with the leadership of our boards of directors, staff and hundreds of community partners and volunteers that believe in our vision to ensure that the people of our binational, tri-state region have the knowledge, resources, support and environment to lead happy, healthy and productive lives. Today, we celebrate this trailblazing work with several highlights from the Paso del Norte Health Foundation and the Paso del Norte Community Foundation:
- Awarded a record $9.86 million to 68 organizations working in five health priorities areas.
- Completed 3.4 miles of a new recreational trail on the Playa Drain from Ascarate Park to Riverside Park in partnership with the City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department and El Paso Water.
- Continued our $6 million leadership commitment for the development of the new Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center-El Paso Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine.
- Transitioned from a private foundation to a supporting organization of the Paso del Norte Community Foundation to maximize efficiencies and expand opportunities to improve health in the region.
- Celebrated its 5th anniversary in supporting the philanthropic goals of individuals, families, corporations, foundations and nonprofits organizations.
- Invested more than $4.1 million in charitable programs and projects driven by one or more of the 87 donor-advised, designated, scholarship and supporting organization funds.
- Led the third annual El Paso Giving Day, a 24-hour on-line fundraising campaign that raised $409,013.63 for 178 participating nonprofits from 2,747 donors, prize money from the Meadows Foundation and generous corporate matching/underwriting support. Forty percent of gifts received were from first-time donors.
- Distributed more than $206,976 in classroom impact grants and scholarships to 115 students from generous partner funds including the EPISD Education Foundation, Bowie Jardin, Cocina and Mercado Fund, Deby Lewis Foundation, Women’s Fund of El Paso and designated funds established by an anonymous donor in honor of El Paso-area teachers Genevieve Gonzalez, Ronnie Parks, Coach Lou Robustelli and Ann Yerby Memorial.
Learn more about our impact, grantmaking, partners, funds, investments, financial statements and board and staff leadership in the 2018 Annual Report for our Community of Philanthropy at: 2018annualreport.pdnhf.org
Back to News
October 26, 2020
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation and Paso del Norte Community Foundation are partnering with the County of El Paso to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 with targeted outreach in the outlying areas of El Paso County. The Foundations have engaged 30 promotoras in partnership with the University of Texas at El…