Training board members to ensure successful nonprofits
June 20, 2022
As a nonprofit board member, you have the opportunity to make an impact in the community. The Paso del Norte Health Foundation in partnership with the United Way of El Paso County is ensuring the success of nonprofit organizations in our region by offering REALIZE Board Training.
Whether you currently serve or hope to do so in the future, REALIZE Board has a variety of workshops, and training available to ensure nonprofit boards of directors are prepared to undertake their critical responsibilities of serving on a nonprofit board.
Select from a variety of trainings:
REALIZE x Young Leaders Society (YLS) Cohort
Training for YLS members is designed to increase the involvement of young professionals on nonprofit governing boards. YLS is United Way’s donor network for young professionals developing the next generation of philanthropic and civic leaders.
Congratulations to the Spring Cohort of United Way Young Leaders Society members on their recent graduation from the REALIZE Board training program.
- Eric Bauer, ScottHulse PC
- Isela Denton, WestStar
- Desiree Duarte, ScottHulse PC
- Itzel Figueroa, El Paso Electric
- Stephanie Hernandez, Jofaro LLC
- Serjik Leon, Teamequip.com & Serjirism
- Jose Melendez, Vantage Bank Texas
- Alejandra Montalvo, El Paso Electric
- Jennifer Navar, Las Palmas Medical Center
- Tomas Porras-Acosta, ScottHulse PC
- Alexis Rossi, DaVinci Education, Inc./SandersWingo
- Mariana Sierra, United Way of El Paso County
- Daisy Tellez, El Paso. Electric
To learn more, contact United Way of El Paso County’s Donor Relations Manager, Mariana Sierra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch & Learn Series
This series features a foundational set of courses that build upon each other throughout the year during the lunch hour. The fee per course is $20, which includes access to all course materials and the one-hour-long modules within each course. There are two modules in courses 1-3 and three modules in course four. The modules are held every other Tuesday of the month and provide specialized education in nonprofit board governance, board roles and responsibilities, fundraising, and fiscal oversight.
Individual Organization Training
Receive personalized nonprofit board training led by local BoardSource certified trainers based on your organization’s needs. Requirements for eligibility include:
- Trainings are offered per course. Each course is two hours, with the exception of Course 4 on Financials, which is three hours.
- A minimum of 10 people at each training session.
- The cost per course is $20/person. Scholarships are available to those who qualify. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Find a training that fits your needs. Visit realizeboard.org, for more information.
PDNHF Initiative: REALIZE Board Training
View Strategy Brief (English)
View Strategy Brief (Español)
Foundation Staff: Michael Kelly
Back to News