October 26, 2020
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation and Paso del Norte Community Foundation are partnering with the County of El Paso to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 with targeted outreach in the outlying areas of El Paso County. The Foundations have engaged 30 promotoras in partnership with the University of Texas at El Paso and Texas A&M University Colonias Program to help with the grassroots outreach.
The outreach efforts are incredibly timely as our community is experiencing record COVID-19 cases and an unsustainable surge in hospitalizations. The City of El Paso has urged residents to stay at home for the next two weeks except for essential activities. The County of El Paso has added a protective curfew from 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. daily. These measures are important to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and avoid hospitalizations.
As a reminder, here are important steps you can take to keep yourself and our community safe, and, most importantly, save lives:
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Quarantine if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Self-isolate if you have symptoms and/or have tested positive.
- Participate in contact tracing when the Health Department calls.
- Get your flu shot.
Resources are available to help.
Back to News