August 22, 2022
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation launched its fifth U.S. REALIZE Executive leadership experience with a kick-off event on August 10, 2022.
REALIZE Executive is a world-class leadership development experience, custom designed by international leadership experts and Health Foundation staff, for emerging top-level management within the Paso del Norte region.
“The goal of the REALIZE experience is to inspire already capable leaders to become transformational leaders for the community and within their respective organizations,” said Dr. Michael Kelly, Vice President of Programs for the Paso del Norte Health Foundation.
The new 20-member cohort were selected from a large number of applicants, who represent a variety of organizations in our region. The cohort will participate in an intensive nine-month leadership development program and experience leadership assessments, executive coaching, out-of-town experiential learning, seminars by national leadership experts, measurable outcomes, and much more.
- Alma Aranda, Workforce Development Director, Workforce Solutions Borderplex
- Dr. Mallory Driggers, Vice President of Development and Investor Relations, The Borderplex Alliance
- Ashley Echavarria, Chief Executive Officer, Boys & Girls Club of Las Cruces
- Nicole Ferrini, Chief Resilience Officer/Director of Community Human Development, City of El Paso
- Michael Matthews, President and Chief Creative Officer, CultureSpan Marketing
- Luis Mendoza, Deputy Director, Fundación Paso del Norte
- Dr. Jeannie Meza-Chavez, Superintendent, San Elizario Independent School District
- Amanda Morales, Chief Executive Officer, United Way of Southwest New Mexico
- Luis “Sito” Negron, Senior Policy Advisor, El Paso County/Precinct 2
- Patrick Nolan, Executive Director, Friends of Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks
- Lourdes Olivas, Extension Associate II, New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension Services
- Dr. Christina Paz, Chief Executive Officer, Centro San Vicente
- Jana Renner, Senior Program Officer, Paso del Norte Health Foundation
- Irazema Rojas, Chief Technical Officer, El Paso Water
- Mica Short, Vice President of Development, Paso del Norte Community Foundation
- Dr. Abigail Tarango, Executive Director, University Medical Center of El Paso Foundation/El Paso Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Amanda Timmerman, Manager Clinical Nutrition & Pediatric Diabetes Education Services, El Paso Children’s Hospital
- Araceli Trevino, Lead Dietitian, El Paso Diabetes Association
- Irene G. Valenzuela, Executive Director, El Paso County Community Services Department
- Marlene Yanez, Program Director, La Semilla Food Center
The REALIZE program is dedicated in honor of Robert H. Hoy, Jr. Mr. Hoy was a founding board member of the Paso del Norte Health Foundation and Paso del Norte Community Foundation. His leadership, support and advocacy of these foundations and his role as a leader and mentor to countless young leaders are among his many wonderful contributions to health and well-being in our region. The Health Foundation is pleased to offer REALIZE programs to build health leaders in our region in honor and furtherance of Mr. Hoy’s legacy.
For more information on REALIZE, visit the Health Foundation website at www.pdnhf.org or contact Dr. Michael Kelly at email@example.com.
2022-2023 REALIZE Cohort photo
Bottom row (left to right): Luis Mendoza, Michael Matthews, Araceli Trevino, Mica Short, Patrick Nolan, Dr. Abigail Tarango, Luis “Sito” Negron
Top row (left to right): Dr. Christina Paz, Amanda Morales, Alma Aranda, Dr. Mallory Driggers, Lourdes Olivas, Marlene Yanez, Jana Renner, Irazema Rojas, Irene G. Valenzuela, Ashley Echavarria, Dr. Michael Kelly
Missing: Dr. Jeannie Meza-Chavez, Nicole Ferrini, Amanda Timmerman
PDNHF Initiative: REALIZE Executive
Foundation Staff: Michael Kelly
Back to News