April 23, 2020
1/2 cup - Semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1 Tbsp - Butter, softened & cut into cubes
1 cup - Frozen spinach, thawed
1/4 cup - Water
1/2 can - Black beans, drained and rinsed
2 - Eggs
1 1/2 Tbsp - Vegetable oil
1/2 cup - Sugar
1/4 cup - Canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp - Vanilla extract
1/4 cup - Brown sugar
1/4 cup - Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp - Salt
3/8 cup - All-purpose flour
1/4 tsp - Baking powder
Ingredients: semisweet chocolate chips, butter, spinach, water, black beans, eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, canned pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, all-purpose flour, & baking powder.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8x8 in baking tray with cooking spray.
- Melt ¼ cup of the chocolate in a microwave. Stir in butter until smooth.
- Puree 1 cup of spinach. Add water a little bit at a time until the spinach is smooth (3-5 minutes). Measure out 1/2 cup of spinach puree and save the rest for other use.
- Combine the ½ cup spinach puree, black beans, eggs, oil, sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor.
- Process until smooth (5 minutes).
- In a large bowl, mix the processed ingredients into the melted chocolate until combined. Stir in flour and baking powder. Pour into pan and add remaining chocolate chips.
Click here to download recipe.
Back to News
New Mexico dental students receive an opportunity to study at the Hunt School of Dental Medicine in El Paso
October 20, 2021
Two future New Mexico dental students will have something to smile about, thanks to the New Mexico Higher Education Department (NMHED). The state agency is stepping up to help with tuition costs for New Mexico residents attending Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso’s Hunt School of Dental Medicine…