April 23, 2020
1/2 cup - Semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1 Tbsp - Butter, softened & cut into cubes
1 cup - Frozen spinach, thawed
1/4 cup - Water
1/2 can - Black beans, drained and rinsed
2 - Eggs
1 1/2 Tbsp - Vegetable oil
1/2 cup - Sugar
1/4 cup - Canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp - Vanilla extract
1/4 cup - Brown sugar
1/4 cup - Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp - Salt
3/8 cup - All-purpose flour
1/4 tsp - Baking powder
Ingredients: semisweet chocolate chips, butter, spinach, water, black beans, eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, canned pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, all-purpose flour, & baking powder.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8x8 in baking tray with cooking spray.
- Melt ¼ cup of the chocolate in a microwave. Stir in butter until smooth.
- Puree 1 cup of spinach. Add water a little bit at a time until the spinach is smooth (3-5 minutes). Measure out 1/2 cup of spinach puree and save the rest for other use.
- Combine the ½ cup spinach puree, black beans, eggs, oil, sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor.
- Process until smooth (5 minutes).
- In a large bowl, mix the processed ingredients into the melted chocolate until combined. Stir in flour and baking powder. Pour into pan and add remaining chocolate chips.
Click here to download recipe.
Back to News
July 21, 2021
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation ended the year in 2020 with $256.3 million in assets, up from $130 million in 1995, keeping administrative expenses below 1 percent of foundation assets and bringing total grantmaking since inception to nearly $211 million.
Learn more about our contributions to expand the…