May 2, 2017
Now that you are determined to start a healthier lifestyle, make sure you follow these practical guidelines that will ensure your physical activity to be SAFE and FUN!
- Whether you’re just beginning or increasing your current workout, be sure to consult with your physician.
- If you are just starting, begin slowly and gradually increase duration, intensity and frequency.
- Warming up and stretching significantly reduce the chances of injury.
- Participate in physical activities with a friend.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after physical activity.
- Do not overexert yourself.
- Always follow instructions and safety recommendations when using exercise equipment or machinery.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the activity you chose.
- Wear safety gear when necessary. For example, a helmet and padding while rollerblading or cycling.
- Obey traffic rules or avoid traffic altogether by using parks or trails.
- During night activities, choose well-lit areas and wear reflective clothing.
- Avoid outdoor activities in extreme hot or cold weather.
If you experience any sort of pain or excessive fatigue, stop exercising and consult with your doctor.
Source: American Cancer Society
Back to News
September 21, 2021
According to County data and recent PdNHF focus groups, men ages 18-50 years old in El Paso are among the least vaccinated and least inclined to get vaccinated in the region. With support from the County of El Paso, a pop-up vaccine initiative was launched in August 2021 to make it easier for this harder-to-reach…