May 2, 2017
Now that you are determined to start a healthier lifestyle, make sure you follow these practical guidelines that will ensure your physical activity to be SAFE and FUN!
- Whether you’re just beginning or increasing your current workout, be sure to consult with your physician.
- If you are just starting, begin slowly and gradually increase duration, intensity and frequency.
- Warming up and stretching significantly reduce the chances of injury.
- Participate in physical activities with a friend.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after physical activity.
- Do not overexert yourself.
- Always follow instructions and safety recommendations when using exercise equipment or machinery.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the activity you chose.
- Wear safety gear when necessary. For example, a helmet and padding while rollerblading or cycling.
- Obey traffic rules or avoid traffic altogether by using parks or trails.
- During night activities, choose well-lit areas and wear reflective clothing.
- Avoid outdoor activities in extreme hot or cold weather.
If you experience any sort of pain or excessive fatigue, stop exercising and consult with your doctor.
Source: American Cancer Society
Back to News
June 23, 2022
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation has partnered with local artist and graphic designer Vanessa Clark to artistically bring to life the work of the Tobacco Control Network and the Smoke-Free and Vape-Free Initiative.
A Smoke-Free Paso del Norte is an initiative of the Paso del…