2023 Diabetes Prevention, Early Detection and Management - Call for Letters of Intent (LOI)
December 5, 2022
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation (Health Foundation) seeks Letters of Intent (LOIs) from eligible organizations to provide diabetes prevention, early detection, and management programs. Programs may be related to type 1, type 2, or gestational diabetes. Population, systems, and individual level strategies will be considered. The following categories are of special interest.
- Diabetes Education and Awareness
- Capacity and Systems Improvements
- Diabetes Alliance
- Public Awareness
More detailed information about the categories of special interest can be found by applying online.
Cost Analysis: All organizations invited to submit a full proposal for either diabetes education or diabetes literacy programs may be asked to submit a cost-analysis for the proposed program with the full proposal. It is recommended that applicants engage their accounting staff during the LOI phase and advise them of this requirement.
Current Diabetes Grantees: Current diabetes grantees should submit an LOI if they intend to apply for diabetes program funding in the 2023-24 grant cycle. Applicants may choose to submit more than one LOI.
Eligible applicants include nonprofit tax-exempt organizations, including churches and units of government, located in the Paso del Norte region. See the Grant Center on the Paso del Norte Health Foundation website www.pdnhf.org for more information about grant guidelines.
Deadlines & Schedule
- Letters of intent due via the Health Foundation’s on-line application system: February 1, 2023
- Invitations for full proposals announced: February 24, 2023
- Invited applicants are encouraged to meet with a program officer before submitting the full proposal
- Full proposals due: April 21, 2023
- Notice of grant award: August 1, 2023
- Funding cycle starts: September 1, 2023, but other dates may be proposed; most grants will be for one year but may be renewed annually. Multi-year grants may be considered.
PDNHF Priority Area: Disease Prevention & Management
PDNHF Initiative: Diabetes
View Strategy Brief (English)
View Strategy Brief (Español)
Foundation Staff: Michael Kelly
Back to News