November 11, 2020
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation seeks Letters of Intent (LOIs) from eligible organizations to promote the Foundation’s Strategic Plan for Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL).
Specifically, the Health Foundation seeks LOIs to improve nutrition and increase physical activity and decrease sedentary behavior. A high-quality diet that includes fruits and vegetables and appropriate daily caloric intake, along with being physically active and minimizing sedentary time, can lower the risk of chronic diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Preference will be given to approaches that:
- promote healthy eating, specifically fruit and vegetable consumption or portion control;
- increase physical activity and decrease sedentary behavior; or
- advance systems or policy change designed to improve healthy eating or active living outcomes.
The Health Foundation uses LOIs to welcome proposals from a diverse applicant pool. After review, the Health Foundation will invite selected applicants to submit a full proposal. Selected applicants may be asked to address specific comments or questions from the LOI review in their proposal.
Eligible applicants include nonprofit tax-exempt organizations, including churches and units of government, located in the Paso del Norte region. For more information, visit the Grant Center section of the Health Foundation website (pdnhf.org).
Deadlines & Schedule
- Letters of intent due to Foundation via the Foundation’s on-line application system: December 9, 2020
- Invitations for full proposals announced: January 20, 2021
- Invited applicants are encouraged to meet with Program Officer before submitting full proposal
- Full proposals due: February 17, 2021
- Notice of grant award: June 1, 2021
- Funding cycle stars: Earliest grant start date is July 1st, but later dates may be proposed
Back to News
January 19, 2022
The Paso del Norte Trail is a community-driven, collaborative effort started by the Health Foundation to develop a 68-mile county-wide trail in El Paso County. The goal is to create a regionally significant landmark that promotes active transportation, preserves the history and culture of our region, highlights the…