Current Funding Opportunities
Release Date: November 9, 2021
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation seeks Letters of Intent (LOIs) from eligible organizations to promote healthy eating and physical activity. A high-quality diet that includes fruits and vegetables and appropriate daily caloric intake can combat the onset of chronic diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes. Being physically active and minimizing sedentary time also decreases the risk of chronic diseases.
What We Will Fund
The Health Foundation is specifically interested in programs that promote fruit and vegetable consumption or portion control or in approaches that create opportunities to increase physical activity or decrease sedentary behavior.
- Letters of intent due to Foundation via the Foundation’s on-line application system: December 10, 2021
- Invitations for full proposals announced: January 19, 2022
- Invited applicants are encouraged to meet with Program Officer before submitting full proposal
- Full proposals due: February 17, 2022
- Notice of grant award: June 1, 2022
- Funding cycle starts: Earliest grant start date is July 1, but later dates may be proposed
Eligibility And Selection Criteria
Eligible applicants include nonprofit tax-exempt organizations, including churches and units of government, located in the Paso del Norte Region. See the Grant Center on the Paso del Norte Health Foundation website www.pdnhf.org for more information about grant guidelines.
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation operates in a unique binational environment, which stretches across two countries and three states. This region serves the 2.4 million people living in El Paso and Hudspeth Counties in far west Texas, Doña Ana, Luna, and Otero Counties in southern New Mexico, and the municipality of Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Back To Funding Opportunities