United Way Young Leaders Society Cohort complete REALIZE Board Training
October 26, 2020
Congratulations to ten participants of the United Way of El Paso County, Youth Leaders Society for completing the Paso del Norte Health Foundation’s REALIZE Board Training. These participants graduated from the course with the knowledge and tips on how to successfully lead a nonprofit board in order to make a bigger impact on the community. The course is offered by the Paso del Norte Health Foundation in partnership with United Way of El Paso County.
The REALIZE Board Training Course is designed to help leaders make a difference as members of nonprofit boards. The course is comprised of four modules that cover the topics of fundraising, fiscal oversight and responsibilities, nonprofit board roles and responsibilities, and structuring a high-performing board. The modules are taught by BoardSource certified trainers, who serve as the gold standard in nonprofit board leadership. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the courses were offered in a virtual format that allowed the participants to learn from top-notch professionals in a safe environment.
- Teresa Carlos, GECU
- Francisco Chagolla, Prudential
- Alejandra Chavira, El Paso Electric
- Sheila Cuellar, Boys and Girls Club of El Paso
- Thomas Gabriel, WestStar Bank
- Christian Lopez, Paso Del Norte Children’s Development Center
- Jesus A. Lopez, TFCU
- Sandra Ramirez, Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services
- Diana Ramos, Veronica Escobar For Congress
- Katherine Vandertulip, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
For more information, contact Rebecca Mendez, REALIZE Board Training Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (915) 533-2434.
Back to News