October 9, 2017
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation seeks Letters of Intent (LOI) from eligible organizations to promote the Paso del Norte Health Foundation’s Strategic Plan for A Smoke Free Paso del Norte Initiative.
Specifically, the Health Foundation seeks LOIs that propose evidence-based strategies to advance the goals of the Initiative. Applicants are encouraged to download and read the A Smoke Free Paso del Norte Strategic Plan.
Deadlines & Schedule:
- Letters of intent due to Foundation: November 3, 2017
- Invitations for full proposals announced: December 4, 2017
- Meeting with Program Officer: December 11-18, 2017
- Full proposals due: January 12, 2018
- Funding cycle starts: May 1, 2018, but other dates may be proposed
To learn more about the LOI, review the strategic plan and apply online, click on link.
Back to News
October 09, 2017
How much and what type of carbohydrate foods are important for managing your diet, especially if you have diabetes.
There are three main types of carbohydrates in food you should be aware of: starches (also known as complex carbohydrates), sugars and fiber. On the nutrition label, the term “total car…