Initiatives & Programs
El Paso Behavioral Health Consortium
The El Paso Behavioral Health Consortium (Consortium) convened to examine the El Paso community behavioral health system in preparation for future service needs and funding trends. Its actions are informed by community leaders and available data including an El Paso County behavioral health system assessment conducted in 2014. Paso del Norte Health Foundation plays a key role as a neutral facilitator for the Consortium. The Consortium is committed to ongoing collaboration where all partners are welcome, empowered, and unified to achieve the ideal behavioral health service and support system. The Ideal Behavioral Health System is:
- An inclusive collaborative system (including criminal justice, law enforcement, veterans services, juvenile justice, child welfare, schools, homeless providers, health systems);
- Organized within whatever resources are available at every possible level (policy, program, procedure, and practice);
- Customer-driven and focused on meeting or exceeding the service and support needs of individuals and families;
- Person-centered, recovery and resiliency-oriented;
- Integrated, trauma-informed, culturally competent, and organized from a population health perspective;
- Set up to meet the needs of individuals and families with complex, co-occurring conditions of all types (mental health, substance abuse, medical, cognitive, housing, legal, parenting, etc.); and
- Prepared to support individuals and families as they make progress to achieve the happiest, most hopeful, and productive lives they possibly can.
A sound foundation has formed with a great forward momentum to address key areas of need identified in the 2014 El Paso County Behavioral Health System Assessment. With great leadership and collaboration El Paso County is prepared to take the next steps toward developing the finest behavioral health system in the nation. For more information on the El Paso Behavioral Health Consortium contact Enrique Mata at email@example.com.
Program Lead: Enrique Mata
Back to Initiatives
April 17, 2019
The Paso del Norte Community Foundation and Paso del Norte Health Foundation are pleased to recognize Rosemary Hernandez and Faviola Calvo on their new positions in the Foundations’ Finance Department.
Rosemary has been promoted to the Director of Accounting. Her previous position was Accounting Manager for the P…