From Our Team
Posted on January 26, 2021 by Tracy J. Yellen
A strategic plan is an invaluable navigation tool to help organizations make strategic decisions and guide their way.
Through crises – like the tragic shooting of August 3rd and COVID-19 pandemic – and the day-to-day - the Paso del Norte Community Foundation, Paso del Norte Health Foundation, and Fundación Paso del Norte have used our strategic plan to advance our core work while responding to the immediate needs of the community. We are proud of the relevance of our missions and agility and impact of our organizations.
With continued adaptability and the future in mind, the boards of directors of our three foundations adopted the Strategic Plan 2025 to guide our work over the next five years.
The Strategic Plan 2025 was developed as the result of a planning process that included feedback from community leaders and stakeholders and a review of demographic, health, and social determinants of health data and foundation best practices. The plan is also informed by our experiences responding to crises and addressing social inequities that have underscored the strengths and vulnerabilities of our region.
As sister organizations, our three foundations share a common vision: to ensure that the residents of our binational, tri-state region have the knowledge, resources, support and environment to live happy healthy and productive lives. We also share core values including leadership, collaboration, inclusion, integrity, and stewardship.
Each foundation, however, adopts unique priorities and goals of its own.
For the Paso del Norte Health Foundation, our priority areas include:
- Healthy Living, increasing the positive behaviors that make us healthy like improved nutrition, increased physical activity, reductions in smoking and vaping, and opportunities for youth;
- Disease Prevention and Management, with emphasis on diabetes and mental health; and
- Health Leadership, building leaders through REALIZE Executive and REALIZE Board, investing in strategic initiatives like the Texas Tech University Hunt School of Dental Medicine, and continuing health communications and outreach in response to COVID-19.
For the Paso del Norte Community Foundation, our priority areas include:
- Philanthropic Giving, partnering with donors to meet the needs of the community through donor-advised, designated and scholarship funds;
- Community Projects, supporting the charitable projects of our fund partners and leading catalytic projects like the Downtown Deck Plaza and Paso del Norte Trail;
- Nonprofit Investment, hosting a new REIMAGINE: Nonprofit Conference and El Paso Giving Day; and
- Community Response and Resilience, continuing support for individuals and families, like rental assistance, through the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the Fundación Paso del Norte, our priority areas include:
- Philanthropic Giving, inspiring new donors to provide resources for nonprofit organizations in Ciudad Juárez;
- Health Leadership and Capacity Building, training and investing in the nonprofit sector; and
- Community Programs, engaging youth through Escuelas de Bienestar, engaging the community through Juárez en Acción, and partnering with organizations and community leaders to improve health and well-being.
Our Strategic Plan 2025 is the guide, our star, that helps us achieve our shared vision and important goals over the next five years.
We are grateful to our board members, staff, and community partners for being such a big part of who we are and what we will accomplish working together.
Back to Articles
April 19, 2021
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation extends its sincere thanks to Marilyn Levi-Baumgarten and Project N95 for their recent donation of 50,000 blue surgical masks for residents of El Paso. Project N95 is a National COVID-19 PPE and Diagnostic Testing Clearinghouse that helps nonprofits…