Current Funding Opportunities
Release Date: November 11, 2020
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation seeks Letters of Intent (LOIs) from eligible organizations to promote the Foundation’s Strategic Plan for Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL).
Specifically, the Foundation seeks LOIs to improve nutrition and increase physical activity and decrease sedentary behavior. A high-quality diet that includes fruits and vegetables and appropriate daily caloric intake, along with being physically active and minimizing sedentary time, can lower the risk of chronic diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes.
What We Will Fund
Click link to review Grant Guidlines
Deadlines & Schedule
- Letters of intent due to Foundation via the Foundation’s on-line application system: December 9, 2020
- Invitations for full proposals announced: January 20, 2021
- Invited applicants are encouraged to meet with Program Officer before submitting full proposal
- Full proposals due: February 17, 2021
- Notice of grant award: June 1, 2021
- Funding cycle starts: Earliest grant start date is July 1, but later dates may be proposed
Eligibility And Selection Criteria
Non-profit agencies 501(c)(3), 509(a)(1), 509(a)(3), international organizations designated by executive order, or exempt operating foundations; organizations formed outside the United States, Private Non-Operating Foundations, Veterans Groups under 501(c)(19), Fraternal orders under 501(c)(10), Trade Associations under 501(c)(6), Labor Unions under Section 501(c)(5), and Social Welfare Organizations under Section 501(c)(4) within the Paso del Norte region are eligible to apply.
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation operates in a unique binational environment, which stretches across two countries and three states. This region serves the 2.4 million people living in El Paso and Hudspeth Counties in far west Texas, Doña Ana, Luna, and Otero Counties in southern New Mexico, and the municipality of Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Back To Funding Opportunities