Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 12:00 AM
El Paso Giving Day is 24-hour online, charitable giving drive designed to ignite the spirit of giving in our community and support charitable causes closest to our hearts.
The first-ever El Paso Giving Day on November 15, 2016 was a wonderful demonstration of philanthropy’s power and potential in El Paso. Leveraging investments from nearly 25 sponsors through a single online platform, El Paso Giving Day raised over $102,000 from 1,515 gifts to support 135 charitable causes in our community, and reaching 500,000 people on Facebook.
The second El Paso Giving Day will take place on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. More than 160 nonprofits participating and the goal is to raise $250,000 in 24-hours.
El Paso Giving Day invites business and community partners to advocate and promote El Paso Giving Day to your networks.
There are easy to use social media posts, email templates and a slideshow to help spread the word to your employees and customers. The complete list of resources is available here: elpasogivingday.org/get-involved.
Here are a few quick ideas:
- Match your employee’s gifts on November 15, 2017.
- Encourage your coworkers, customers, family and friends to donate on November 15, 2017.
- Host or sponsor a day-of-giving event for your company’s favorite nonprofit(s).
- Make a special offer to your customers. A percentage of your proceeds could be donated to your favorite nonprofit or could be used as a prize throughout the day.
- Sponsor advertising (billboards, internet ads, print ads, etc.) for community outreach.
- Use social media to encourage your clients to support a particular organization.
Thank you in advance for your help and support.
Back to Calendar
March 21, 2018
Nine outstanding women in the community were inducted into the 2018 El Paso Commission for Women’s Hall of Fame. These women were honored for the significant impact they have made in the El Paso community, either professionally or as a volunteer.
Special congratulations to Tracy Yellen, CEO, Paso del Norte Healt…