Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM
El Paso Child Guidance Center
2701 E. Yandell
El Paso, Texas 79903
Introduction on Client-Centered Play Therapy (CCPT) workshop
This training will help you explore the history of CCPT and its theoretical foundation. The set-up, supplies, and maintenance of a play room will be discussed along with essential play therapy skills. Limit-setting during therapy will be reviewed using the Acknowledge, Communicate, Target (ACT) model. Parent’s and guardians’ involvement in treatment will be emphasized and include discussion of how to conduct effective parent consultations.
- Understand CCPT’s history of development and theoretical foundation.
- Identify supplies, organization, and maintenance needed for a play room.
- Apply basic play therapy skills such as appropriate tone/expression, tracking, reflecting, and facilitate decision-making.
- Utilize ACT model to set and maintain limits within the playroom.
- Gain parents’ and guardians’ investment in play therapy and collaborate effectively with them
2 CEU’s • $30 preregister • $40 at the door
Call to register at 915-562-1999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Calendar
February 20, 2018
The Fundacion Paso del Norte para la Salud y Bienestar and FECHAC have partnered to launch “Playgrounds in the Park,” an initiative designed to get gently used playground equipment into neighborhood parks in Ciudad Juárez. The organizations have extended an invitation to neighborhood groups (consisting of 10 or mor…