July 20, 2017
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation’s 2016 Annual Report – Health is Elemental features the accomplishments of partners and grantees working to develop #healthyhabits in Healthy Eating and Active Living, Tobacco and Alcohol Prevention, Mental Health and Emotional Well-being, Healthy Kids and Health Leadership.
Click here to view overall accomplishments.
Partners and grantee feature stories:
- Las Cruces Public Schools
- City of El Paso and City of Anthony, New Mexico
- NAMI El Paso
- La Rodadora, Ciudad Juárez
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso - Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine
- REALIZE Executive Experience, Paso del Norte Region
- Healthy Paso del Norte Report
- Paso del Norte Charitable Foundation
- Fundación Paso del Norte para la Salud y Bienestar
Back to News
October 09, 2017
How much and what type of carbohydrate foods are important for managing your diet, especially if you have diabetes.
There are three main types of carbohydrates in food you should be aware of: starches (also known as complex carbohydrates), sugars and fiber. On the nutrition label, the term “total car…